Friday, January 14, 2011

The First Bite...

I love food.  I love cooking it, serving it, discovering it, and sharing my thoughts about it. My family functions are centered around food. We eat when we're happy; we eat when we're sad; and we've built an arsenal of recipes to support any emotion or occasion. So it is no surprise that I have finally decided to combine my two favorite hobbies: eating and writing.

My husband, Ryan, and I have recently started a tradition of getting a "Friday Night Bite" together to let the troubles of the week at work go and start the weekend off on the right foot. I plan to cover anything and everything from chain restaurants, to local gems, to dives, to cafes, and everything in between. (I may even write a review about a new recipe that I cook at home.) 

The dining experience is something to be treasured--it's about the environment, the service, and of course, the taste. I'm no snob... you can give me puddles of grease in little cups of pepperoni on my pizza, or you can give me the finest crab cake (I still haven't determined who has the best in MD). I just love a substantial meal for a decent price.  I hope that this blog will help great restaurants get discovered and the not-so-great ones improve with feedback. (Yes, I'm one of those people who writes to corporate about good and bad experiences so that their businesses can thrive.)

Finally, let me hear from you! I would love suggestions for the Baltimore/DC area since we live here; however, if you've traveled or if you have a restaurant that is a must-bite, let me know! Ryan and I love a road trip, and we will go out of our way to find a great restaurant. (We drove 25 min. out of the way on the road to our New Hampshire honeymoon destination to try out steamed burgers at  Ted's Restaurant in CT. Someone really needs to bring this awesome oddity to Baltimore... so juicy, so cheesy, so right.)

So it is with great pleasure that I begin my very first blog.

Wishing you a warm heart and a full tummy.

2 comments:

  1. crabcakes in Calvert County @ Stoneys in Prince Frederick this time of year and in warm weather on the river at Broomes Island and also @ Traders in North Beach. happy eating. Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait for your next post! glad you are bloging dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete